Sunday, June 20, 2010

Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes


My thumb must be rated at least khaki now. Six months ago I was having trouble keeping my cactus alive and now I have grown tomato plants that as of today are taller than my almost 5 year old (seriously, she's not even crouching!). The veggie patch is a jungle of tomatoes, many already with green fruit. My pseudo-earth boxes on my porch are also doing spectacularly, in fact, I can barely see out my front windows. It's not even the end of the school year and we've already harvested spinach, bok choy, lettuce, chard, and a handful of peas and beans. My cucumbers are now visible, the zucchini and squash plants are set to take over the world.
And to think I doubted that my seedlings could ever actually produce food! Now I'm starting to doubt my ability to eat and preserve the glut I see coming down the pipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment