Monday, February 22, 2010

Almost Veg Night #1


I had four kids here for dinner tonight instead of the usual two. So, as always when I don't know what to cook, I made eggs. Free range, organic ones, and sold in cardboard not plastic containers. They each got an egg, some organic cherry tomatoes, cheese and a piece of flax toast...and a kooky "potato pancake" I made to use up leftovers. The eggs were a hit except for the yolks. My "reuse the leftovers" plan failed though, because the "pancakes" were not. Me and my husband had fancy omelettes with onion, tomato, olives, and feta with an organic green salad topped with sprouts. Healthy veggie meal number one.

Okay, okay. I'm lying. I had a pack of bacon in the fridge. So we had that too. The kids gobbled it up in about 2.5 seconds...well at least they gobbled up what they could wrestle away from me and my husband. It's just as well because now it's gone and I'm sure clean bacon (if it exists) costs about as much as my house. I'll do better tomorrow.

Farewell my salty friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment