Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Waffles


Waffles. This is something I never imagined my kids would eat almost daily. I usually try to deceive myself that buying the Eggos “Plus Fibre” makes our waffle habit okay, but this week they were sold out. The supermarket offered only $5 organic waffles or $1.99 generic, additive filled ones. I fell back onto the cheap but dirty side of the fence. Honestly, after you factor in the artificial maple flavoured syrup we put on top, it’s enough to make any purist gag.

Yet, it is waffles that get us out the door in the morning. When my son is flailing and crying his eyes out at 6:45am, wrenched from his bed to go to daycare, just about the only thing that can get him down the stairs is my husband, in desperation, asking “Do you want a waffle?” Luckily I only work part time, or as I warn my kids, they might turn into those round, flat discs of processed grains and corn syrup.

So, against my better judgement, waffles are going to be temporarily exempt from my simplicity campaign. I'll start with the syrup instead.

2 comments:

  1. Guess what we had for breakfast!!
    Great work Hil, I enjoyed reading it.
    I will sign up tp be a follower whan I can figure out how......AM

    ReplyDelete