Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Health Food?


Aha! I was right. I love those words.
My husband has been nagging me to break the kids' maple syrup habit. Too much sugar. But you know that our mornings are rarely complete without syrup. Get a load of this, maple syrup may be the new blueberry. As reported in today's Toronto Star, a study (granted, it's just preliminary, but I only hear what I want to hear) suggests that maple syrup has antibacterial, anti-cancer and anti-diabetic properties. They have lignans (the good stuff in flax) and phenolic acids (the good stuff in berries and coffee).
To celebrate the good news, I'm marinating a (hormone free) pork loin in sesame oil, tamari, garlic, and maple syrup. Bring it on!

3 comments:

  1. Nagging? You wanna see nagging? Bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maple syrup involved in marinating I can handle, but what is with the tin of beans and maple syrup thing?? I still cannot warm to this bizare eating habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I feel about Vegemite!

    ReplyDelete