Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March Break Pit Stops


Simplicity at it's finest. Buckets, rocks, sand, water. I had to post this because it's March and this is Canada and we were at the beach. Without coats. Last year we were still shoveling. Ahhh, an early spring - the balm for whatever ails our Northern souls.

Anyway, the kids and I are making the 428 km (I checked) trip to Ottawa tomorrow. Usually this trip involves multiple stops at road stops along the way. Snacks, bathroom breaks, leg stretching. Trouble is, every rest stop has a McDonald's, Wendy's, or Tim Horton's. So, how does one pee (and seriously, what kid can go more than 100km without a pee?) without buying fries, donuts, or ice cream? My goal for tomorrow is to find out.

I have armed myself with a big snack bag with little individual bags of organic home air popped popcorn, 2 pounds of apples, water bottles, and a few granola bars when the call of packaged food gets too strong. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment