Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crystal Mystique


One of my failures in this endeavor has been deodorant. I abandoned the natural deodorant after about 3 weeks just like the other 5 times I've tried to quit antiperspirant. I felt slimy and stinky. I run, do yoga, walk alot...and each time I'd have to practically boil my clothes. Okay, maybe not that bad, but still, if you keep sniffing your armpits all day, you're going to be shunned whether you smell or not.
The good news is, I've found a new candidate. It's a crystal - which I have until recently associated mostly with new age music and windchimes. However, after three days of the new regime, I'm liking it. No sticky ickies like the other stuff. It's supposed to last for a year and it was only $4 to begin with. How "natural mineral salts" keep the stink at bay is a great mystery to me. Maybe if I listen to some pan-flute and light some incense the answer will come to me.

4 comments:

  1. I might try this crystal - I've seen it often in the stores, but was always suspicious since it was always so cheap.
    I had a run in with a shirt yesterday that was washed, however not 'WASHED' in the arm pit area. And yes I was wearing Toms ineffective deoderant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the crystal for at least the last 3 years and love it. I hated the discolouring it caused to my dress shirts.

    A good tip is to use it straight out of the shower and let it naturally dry.

    Also, it might last a year but i usually drop it before that and have to get a new one!!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a combo....I use the crystal and then the "natural" deodorant. Works ok but find I have to reapply the "natural" deodorant once and a while during the day.....smell you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have listened to AM sooner!

    ReplyDelete