Sunday, March 14, 2010

This one's a keeper


I do the weekday cooking, my husband does the weekends. I am very pleased to say that my husband, the diehard carnivore, is on board with our new semi-meatless regime. He's started soaking and cooking big batches of chickpeas for me to use throughout the week. And here's what he made us for lunch today.
Not sure the proportions, but chickpeas, chopped fresh beets, cucumber, carrot, tomato, walnuts, sprouts (homegrown!), and olive oil with balsamic vinegar.
He's a keeper. The salad is good too.

2 comments:

  1. did the kids eat it?
    S is on a no veg and no meat diet. not many options left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...they didn't. But they will eat plain chick peas(some of the time).
    No veg, no meat? Does that just leave fruit and crackers? Poor you.

    ReplyDelete