Monday, March 29, 2010

Overenthusiasm


I can't deny the fact that I sometimes go overboard on new projects. I've mentioned my black thumb, the photo above is one of my most recent plant kills. But every few years I decide to start a garden. It never works for me, but this time, I'm willing to work for it.

I almost universally hate non-fiction, but I've spent the last week savouring "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" by Barbara Kingsolver. Kingsolver brims with enthusiasm (about things like heirloom seeds and seasonal asparagus), and I couldn't help but catch some. I found myself researching and ordering seeds, buying seed starter kits, and generally getting ready to have a clue what I'm doing.

I'm hoping part of the fun is in the trying. And if not, maybe it will teach me patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment